Grand Opening: In The News
Thank you to everyone who attended Saturday’s New Home Grand Opening at Seattle Center. We’re so grateful for all your love and support.
We estimate that 12,000 music lovers joined us over the course of the day, and your enthusiasm positively overwhelmed us. Visit the KEXP Flickr page and you can see every moment of excitement in the hundreds of great pictures taken by our volunteer photographers.
The media was out in full force for Grand Opening, too. In addition to our extensive coverage on the KEXP Blog, press highlights so far include …
- The Seattle Times, “KEXP celebrates new home with a rockin’ good time”
- Seattle PI, “New KEXP home tour” (slideshow)
- The Stranger, “KEXP’s New Home Grand Opening Unveils Spacious, High-Tech Splendor”
- Seattle Weekly, “Public Radio Is Getting Even More Public Thanks to KEXP’s Enormous New Home”
- Three Imaginary Girls, “Viva Viva Viva KEXP and Robyn Hitchcock”
- GeekWire, “Inside the new KEXP: Expanded studios open up a new world for beloved Seattle radio station”
- Seattle Met, “KEXP Opens Its New Home with a Day of Free Live Music”
- Seattle magazine, “A Visit to KEXP’s New Headquarters at Seattle Center”
You may also have heard some hubbub about “Inside the Music of KEXP” on GeekWire and beyond. The interactive installation, powered by Microsoft, opening Saturday and runs through Sunday, May 8, 2016. Come check it out!